1) You neeed to insert this lines in your web.xml

 <filter>
        <filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
            <param-value>yourpackages.WicketApplication</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

2) in your applicationClassName, here yourpackages.WicketApplication, you need
to override getHomePage()

    public Class<? extends Page> getHomePage() {
        return HomePage.class;
    }

Francois Meillet
Formation & Développement Wicket