IIRC, bookmarkable pages need PageParameters, which also makes sense - it must be able to reconstruct the page just from URL. IModel is just stored in PageStore (or PageMap or how is it called) during a session.

What bothers me more is that various back and forth moves always give some nulls everywhere even when following this strategy... Didn't understood yet how to fix that.

my2c