Just managed to get a workaround to fix the problem.
I have to add a dummy property to the model object and calculate that
property within my data source and than use that property to map to the
calculated column.
However since i can not change the state of original shared model object, so
i have to clone it first (for every user, not a good idea ) and it
introduces whole set of new problems.

Does that ring a bell, how the problem can be solver without all this?

When the model expose a getCalculatedValue method, why would not the grid
call that method to render the row every time on a column that is mapped to
an expression 'calculatedValue' ?

Thanks