Hi Luis,

>a custom PropertyModel ... would you recommend against this?

models are one of Wicket's key selling points. If it works for you, go for it :).

Sven

On 03/05/2013 06:40 PM, pureza wrote:
Sven,

I was somehow able to get the behavior I want by implementing a custom
PropertyModel that creates the object if needed or sets it to null if it is
empty. This way I hope to be able to reuse this PropertyModel in all my
optional fields without any special custom code.

Would you recommend against this?

Your previous suggestion also works fine, it's just that it requires
changing many panels...

Thanks,

Luis