Hi,

I would try to debug the constructor of the page and/or override and
debug life cycle methods of the page and then work up the call stack
why they are executed.

As an example (not necessarily applicable in your case), one could
find this way that the page had expired and Wicket just reconstructed
it which could be surprising. See
ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler#respond().

Regards

Bernard