I usually just implement RSS as a page rather than a resource. You
simply create a Page like you normally would, and override
getMarkupType:

@Override
public MarkupType getMarkupType() {
        return new MarkupType("rss", "application/rss+xml");
}

Then, instead of an HTML file you provide an RSS file that contains
your markup (with wicket:id attributes and such).

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but I hope it helps regardless.

- Jeroen

--
Jeroen Steenbeeke
www.fortuityframework.com