Hi,

I also recommend to use separate .js files for the different components.
I'd also prefer a Behavior to contribute some common JS logic like
validation. If a component needs validation then add this behavior to it.

Since 6.0 Wicket supports resource bundling, i.e. combine several .js or
.css files in one bundle.
Take a look at
http://wicketinaction.com/2012/07/wicket-6-resource-management/ and the
linked demo application.

JS world is also going in this direction.
Dojo as component based framework does this since its early versions. AMD
frameworks do the same. And they also provide bundling.
JQuery developers also realized this and now the split the bigger .js into
several smaller ones