Hi together,
I searched the web for several hours and always get the same results for
setting the visibilty for components via ajax, but I cannot get it work.

The "should work" solution is:
- Creat an extra a WebMarkupContainer in your page
- add your subcomponents to this container
- setOutPutMarkUpIdPlacerHolderTag(true) for the container
- implement ajax anywhere (in my case its an
AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior)
- override its onUpdate and setVisibilty of the container true or false
depending on something
- do target.add( the webmarkupcontainer )

Tada... but nothing happens.

My problems are:
All solutions I found are about 2-5 years old, so:
- the usage of setVisibilty has changed (setVisible vs.
setVisibilityAllowed() discussion)
- target does not have an addComponent() method anymore (but this is
easy, should be add(...))
- perhaps the hole "SetVisibilityViaAjax"-way has changed since newer
wicket versions?

My behavior on the gui is:
- the first render process of the page itself shows the container once
- on clicking my radiochoice the webmarkupcontainer disappears but is
still available, due to outPutMarkUpPlaceHolder true, but the content is
completly removed and the visibility of the container is always
display:none.

Using setVisible or using setVisibilityAllowed does not make any changes.

Whats wrong?!? :-(

(using wicket 6.6)

kind regards
Patrick