hi martin,
that static block need not be copied to make it work,since it's a static
block, it will get executed when the Panel class gets loaded,
the Panel class will get loaded by  PanelMarkupSourcingStrategy itself
since it's referring a constant of panel . yes but i agree not a very nice
code flow  so should be improved ,i always used to think they are doing
this in a very weird way :-)