Hello Alis,

the Wicket programming model is based on the typical web application request scenario - one thread typically processes one HTTP request using the org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter. This filter sets the application context using a thread-local, many wicket internals and also analogous many wicket applications use this thread-local over a static method by Application.get().

For the case that code for different application instances or even outside of the WicketFilter contexts request must be executed, you can use the following template. It works similar to the WicketFilter.

    public ApplicationContextTemplate(Application application) {
        final ThreadContext previousThreadContext = ThreadContext.detach();
        try {
            ThreadContext.setApplication(application);
            execute();
        } finally {
            ThreadContext.restore(previousThreadContext);

    protected abstract void execute();

Best regards,

Jan