In data Friday 31 May 2013 17:34:31, Lucio Crusca ha scritto:
> Hello *,
>
> I have a DataTable with a column of clickable checkboxes. Each time the
> user clicks a checkbox the server does some stuff on the database.
>
> If the user clicks another checkbox before the server finished processing
> the previous, he receives a Page Expired error. The behaviour is
> understandable, since the user obviously clicked a checkbox that was on a
> page that was being recreated, however I don't know how to avoid or
> workaround the problem.

I've partially solved the problem: it was being caused by an anonymous inner
class in the page (CheckboxClickManager) that wasn't serializable.

However making it serializable led to a different problem: now the user does
not receive errors anymore, but the page he finally receives sometimes takes
into account only a subset of the clicks. In other words, say the users clicks
rows 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, then he waits for the server to finish processing all the
clicks, and finally he receives a page where only rows 1 to 5 are checked (for
example, maybe it's 1 to 3 or something).

However I suspect this new problem is caused by hibernate not being able to
lock database pages within 1 minute, though I'm not sure.