Hi,

I guess you want to get the new entered text via Ajax submit.
You can extend AjaxSubmitButton and implement #updateAjaxAttributes() {

   attributes.getDynamicExtraParameters().add("return [ {name: 'richText',
value: $('#editorArea').html() } ]");
}

Then use
getRequest().getRequestParameters().getParameterValue("richText").toString()
to get the produced HTML.