Thank you for your response.

By overriding the updateAjaxAttributes and adding
attributes.setAllowDefault(true), my javascript validation works but my
behavior (ajax call) is not triggered.

        @Override
        protected void updateAjaxAttributes(AjaxRequestAttributes attributes) {
                attributes.setAllowDefault(true);
        }

If I call the super class updateAjaxAttributes and I add the
setAllowDefault(true) method, it wont change anything. My field stay in
error after the ajax call

        @Override
        protected void updateAjaxAttributes(AjaxRequestAttributes attributes) {
                super.updateAjaxAttributes(attributes);
                attributes.setAllowDefault(true);
        }

David