Hi

I am newbie to Apache Wicket .. sorry about a very basic question.

As per the quick start guide
http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html

If I try to execute the following command

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.wicket
-DarchetypeArtifactId=wicket-archetype-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=6.8.0
-DgroupId=example -DartifactId=test
-DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/ -DinteractiveMode=false

I expect wicket to create the directory structure.

If I execute it from say C:\tmp , nothing gets created and mvn exits saying
unable to find pom.xml

If I execute it from C:\apache-wicket (which is where I have installed
wicket) it creates the folder

If I execute it from C:\apache-wicket\archetypes\ -- again same issue,
nothing gets created.

So my very basic/newbie question is , do I have to exceute this command from
the place where I have installed Wicket.

I am just following the instructions on the quick start website, and it
doesn't tell me where to execute this from.

Or do I need to include the wicket jar files in classpath?

Thanks,
Rajesh