Why not use two different forms, one for searching and the other for the "save" fields?
You can even nest the first one into the other.

Sven

On 06/12/2013 09:09 PM, Richard W. Adams wrote:
I have a FormComponentPanel with an AjaxLink. The link's onClick() method
runs a database search based on criteria that are found in a half dozen
form fields (string, drop downs, etc.). My problem is that the form's
model is not updated because the link does not submit the form. And I
can't submit the form because then OTHER data is saved which should NOT
be. In other words, the full form data should be saved only when user
presses another, separate, Save button, NOT the lookup link..

How can I access the current form field values that make up my search
criteria, without submitting the form? Ideally, I'm looking for some
technique that would update the model in a way that where I can tell it's
just a search request, not a save request. I looked at the Javadocs for
AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior, because its name implied that it
MIGHT be a solution, but I couldn't figure to how to use it.

I'm using Wicket 1.4.17 (using a later version is not an option due to our
a corporate framework).

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential
and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review,
disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of
this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is
strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**