I got a /Unexpected RuntimeException Last cause: Attempt to set model object
on null model of component: form:companiesList/ whenever I select an item in
my DropDownChoice.
I read somewhere that it was because there is no Model set, but there *is*
one (a LoadableDetachableModel) :

        ChoiceRenderer<CompanyConfiguration> choiceRenderer = new
ChoiceRenderer<CompanyConfiguration>("name", "id");

        DropDownChoice<CompanyConfiguration> ddc = new
DropDownChoice<CompanyConfiguration>("companiesList",
                        new
LoadableDetachableModel<List&lt;CompanyConfiguration>>() {
                                private static final long serialVersionUID =
8752933117323402630L;

                                @Override
                                protected List<CompanyConfiguration> load() {
                                        final List<CompanyConfiguration>
configs = getCompaniesList();

Collections.sort((List<CompanyConfiguration>) configs, new
Comparator<CompanyConfiguration>() {
                                                @Override
                                                public int
compare(CompanyConfiguration o1, CompanyConfiguration o2) {
                                                        return
o1.getName().compareTo(o2.getName());
                                                }
                                        });
                                        return configs;
                                }
                        }, choiceRenderer) {

                protected boolean wantOnSelectionChangedNotifications() {
                        return true;
                }

                protected void onSelectionChanged(final CompanyConfiguration
newSelection)
{
                        logger.debug("Selected base: " + newSelection.getId());
                }

        };

Has anyone an idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Note: I cannot serialize my CompanyConfiguration list.

BTW, second question: there is a DataView with a ListDataProvider elsewhere
in the page. How can I update its values from the method
onSelectionChanged() above?

Thanks a lot!