Martin,

I do a lot of generic stuff within my code - developing common components, that
dynamically determine a page based on variable criteria. Those pages then need
to be initialised - using reflection - and have data and state set on them. And
I also do a 'panel switching' thing - similar to Facebook - where only the
parts of a page that need updating get updated, but the app pushes the
'bookmarkable' part to the browser so the page can still bookmarked, hit in
browser history and refreshed, as per normal page. For that I need to create a
page - using reflection - and effectively steal the parts of the new page that
require updating, add that to the current page and update those elements via
Ajax.

Ultimately, PageProvider is a really nice way of simply selecting a page of
type X, and not having to call getConstructor() - with or without
PageParameters - then new instance and having tons of checked exceptions being
caught all over my code. It's a nice way of passing around the combinations of
Class, or Class and PageParameters, or a page instance - in a generic way.

I see your point tho - I'm effectively using a Class for something it's not
designed for and you shouldn't have to cater for my quirky use of it. Having
said that, I could easily create my own version - that does that any more, and
be lighter weight... :)

Although... #setResponsePage could at least take a IRequestablePage, no? :)

Cheers,
Col.