Hi,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM, William Speirs <wspe...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm just getting to this now... weekend coder.
>
> @MartinGrigorov - this looks exactly like what I want, or parts of it
> at least... I'll certainly check it out. And you're right, I shouldn't
> be so skeptical, you Wicket folks seem to always come through with
> some library when I ask a question :-)
>
> @DanielWatrous - your blog is helpful, except that you instantiate a
> Guice instance in your unit test. I'm still wrestling with what I
> consider "best practices" with respect to Guice/DI and Unit Tests, but
> I'm strongly leaning towards the best practice of: If you're having to
> create an injector in your unit test, then you're doing it wrong.

I cannot say that.
WicketTester tests are not exactly unit tests.

I use DI in my tests all the time. I just try to create as minimal
applicationContent (Spring) as possible for a given test. There is no need
to bind all services when just one or two are used in the tests.

For me it is more wrong to the testing to drive the architecture of the
main functionality.
When developing the main functionality you should think how to make it
reusable. The first time when you reuse some functionality is in the tests.
When you have a second use case where you need to use this
component/service/... then you will see how good you made it before. If you
need to refactor it then the tests will protect you from regressions for
your first use case, and you'll have to add tests for the second.
If it is easy to add your second use case and second test then your design
is good enough. If it is not then you should think harder.