As Martin M. said "Hands-on head-first head-banging is the way to go. Watching
aside won't
take you fare and won't float long."

If you're a manager, why even bother? You should be confident in your staff and
they should follow your methodologies. I know as a team lead that the
involvement between management and development can be crucial, but still... You
ought to know better !!!

Have a great day,
    Paul Bors