Hey

I'm using a Stringresourcemodel to display a custom message label. Its
constructed like this.

new Label("maxAmount", new
StringResourceModel("bookkeeping.amount.to.move",null, new Object[]{
                new PropertyModel(this, "valueReport.lastValuationDate"),
                new PropertyModel(this, "valueReport.totalValueLocal"),
                new
PropertyModel(getCurrentSelections().getSelectedLegalEntity(),
"bookkeepingCurrency")
        })));

With the following entry in a property file

bookkeeping.amount.to.move=Booked value per {0,date} is {1,number,###.##}
{2}

My problem is that the valuereport object is not populated before the user
makes a choice on the page. So my label is showing like this

Booked value per null is null DKK

When i try to use "" as default value in the constructor i get a conversion
error.
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot format given Object
as a Date

Anybody got any ideas?

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Tommy Sadiq Hinrichsen