Hi,

I've used http://jsplumbtoolkit.com and intergrated that library into my
wicket application without too much work.
It also allows for partial updates or complete repaints depending on the HTML
structure that's currently rendered in the browser.

Of course it depends on the requirements but this library is pretty flexible in
it's usage.
I've created a MS Project/Gantt like interface with Wicket & jsPlumb and it's
working very well, even with larger data sets.
And it has different render strategies, depending on the browser. Canvas or SVG
or VML for IE.

Cheers,
Marco