Overriding the getClientTimeZone() method in the dateconverter sounds good.
if the boolean applyTimeZoneDifference of the dateConverter is set to true.

        add(new DateTextField("xxx", new DateConverter(true) {
            @Override
            public String getDatePattern(Locale locale) {
                // ...
            }

            @Override
            protected DateTimeFormatter getFormat(Locale locale) {
                // ...
            }

            protected TimeZone getClientTimeZone() {
                return "yourspecifictimezone";
            }

        }));

François