Hi,

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:11:30 +0200
Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:

MG> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Jens Jahnke <jan0...@gmx.net>
MG> wrote:
MG>
MG> > Hi,
MG> >
MG> > On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:11:34 -0400
MG> > Paul Bors <p...@bors.ws> wrote:
MG> >
MG> > PB> Isn't Log4J shipped with the quick-start?
MG> > PB>
MG> > PB> Create yourself a quick-start and analyze it:
MG> > PB> http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html
MG> > PB>
MG> > PB> PS: You can also check the initialization related topics as
MG> > PB> well as your first stop for Wicket's doc via the Wicket Free
MG> > PB> Guide at: http://wicket.apache.org/learn/books/freeguide.html
MG> >
MG> > thanks for the information, the freeguide rocks.
MG> >
MG> > But actually I found the solution in wicket in action. :)
MG> >
MG> > Nonetheless it only logs to stdout but I guess thats a log4j
MG> > question.
MG> >
MG>
MG> What do you mean that it logs to stdout ?
MG> There is no usage of System.out/err in Wicket. The RequestLogger
MG> uses SLF4J. Your question is really a log4j question (if you use
MG> slf4j-log4j as backend).

sorry, I didn't express myself correctly. It logged to catalina.out
(tomcat).

I was able to solve the issue. Somehow I had slf4j-simple in my pom.xml
file. After changing that to slf4j-log4j12 everything works as expected.

Regards,

Jens

--
07. Ernting 2013, 11:14
Homepage : http://www.jan0sch.de

Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them WHAT to
do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
                -- Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.