I am using the wicketGlobalPostCallHandler function to perform some tasks
after an AJAX post.  For example, I have a composite text field that can
support a hint that is displayed in the input field.  The hint is managed
using the onfocus and onblur events.  When the form is submitted, the pre
handler is used to remove the hint text from any text fields that have not
been edited to avoid populating my model with hints instead of data.  In the
post handler I am putting the hints back in the text fields where
appropriate.  However, in the post handler it appears that the DOM is still
being updated.  If I set a breakpoint in the post call handler in firebug I
see two input fields on the screen.  If I inspect both DOM elements they
have the same id.  The old text field is first, the new one second.  If I
continue, the first text box is removed.  The problem is that I am looking
up the text box by id and I always get the first one, fix the hint, and then
it promptly gets removed from the DOM.

Using Wicket 6, tested in Firefox and Chrome.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks