This is an application in my 1.5 wicket production application
Version 6.9 is with a lot of annotations using appfuse is still in evaluation mode
final Tree tree = new Tree("tree", treeModel)
            {
                @Override
                protected String renderNode(TreeNode node)
                {
DefaultMutableTreeNode treeNode = (DefaultMutableTreeNode)node;
                    Object userObject = treeNode.getUserObject();
if (userObject instanceof Something) return ((Something)userObject).getSomething();

protected void onNodeLinkClicked(AjaxRequestTarget target, TreeNode node) { if (((DefaultMutableTreeNode) node).getUserObject() instanceof Something) {
                    PageParameters    pars=new PageParameters();
                    pars.add("context", "blind");
pars.add("objid",((Something)((DefaultMutableTreeNode) node).getUserObject()).getSomething().getId());
// This should popup in a new window
                setResponsePage(Some.class,pars);
                }
            };