I'm having issues clearing the input of a autoComplete Textfield.. For some
reason whenever I call target.add(reference to AutoCompleteTextField);

my input values are null...

So basically, I can clear the referenced string the input is stored in, but
everytime I call an ajaxupdate it nulls.

I tried both ajaxButton, and AjaxSubmitLink. Both get the same reactions. I
have a button to submit the input from the textField.

Code:

        <form wicket:id="autoCompleteForm">
                <input wicket:id="autoCompleteTextField" size="20"/>
                <button width:100px wicket:id="selectRoleBtn">Select</button>

        </form>

private void autoCompleteForm()
{
    findRoleForm = new Form<Void>("autoCompleteForm");
    findRoleForm.setOutputMarkupId(true);
    addOrReplace(findRoleForm);
    field = new AutoCompleteTextField<String>("autoCompleteTextField",
            new PropertyModel<String>(this,"autoString"))
        {
            @Override
            protected Iterator<String> getChoices(String input)
            {
                if (Strings.isEmpty(input))
                {
                    List<String> emptyList = Collections.emptyList();
                    return emptyList.iterator();
                }

                List<String> choices = new ArrayList<String>(10);

                for (final Role role : rolesList)
                {

                    final String roles = role.getRoleName();

                    if (roles.toUpperCase().startsWith(input.toUpperCase()))
                    {
                        choices.add(roles);
                        if (choices.size() == 10)
                        {
                            break;

                return choices.iterator();
            }
        };
        findRoleForm.addOrReplace(field);
        findRoleForm.addOrReplace(new AjaxSubmitLink("selectRoleBtn",
findRoleForm)
        {
            protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form)
            {
                System.out.println("here1" + autoString);
                if(rolesList  != null && autoString!= null)
                {
                    if(rolesList .size() != 0)
                    {
                        for(int i=0; i < rolesList .size(); i++)
                        {
                            System.out.println("here2" + autoString);
                            if(rolesList
.get(i).getRoleName().equals(autoString))
                            {
                                role = rolesList.get(i);

                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleNameTxt", role.getRoleName()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleAliasTxt", role.getRoleAlias()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleOwnerTxt", role.getRoleOwnerId()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleStatusTxt", role.getRoleAccessStatus()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleCategoryTxt", role.getRoleCategoryName()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleDescriptionTxt", role.getRoleDescription()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleValidityTxt", role.getRoleValidityStatus()));
                                roleInformation.addOrReplace(new
Label("roleNumUsers", ""));

                                //add adOrReplace(findRoleForm);
                                autoString = "";