Hi,

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Tom Götz <t...@decoded.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following situation:
> we use a tabpanel (8-10 tabs) to display lots of form components. On tab
> change the content of the activated tab is made visible via ajax, content
> of all other tabs is made invisible (setVisible(false)). To not lose user
> input we do a form submit when changing tabs, with
> setDefaultFormProcessing(false). All fine up to here.
>
> Now: when I submit the form, only the data of the active tab is submitted,
> because all others are invisible at that moment. So I think I need to do an
> additional ajax request

But the data of the invisible ones is already at the server.
It has been uploaded when you switched to the new tab.

I guess you want to validate all form component at the end.
But with your current approach the data is already in the models, without
validation.

One way is to render all form component and use client side tabbed panel
that doesn't use display:none to hide the inactive tabs because this way
the browser won't submit their data.

Another way is to do some custom validation on the model data in
Form#onSubmit() before saving the data in the DB.