Am 12.10.2013 21:58, schrieb Martin Grigorov:
> The problem is that most of us use Tomcat/Jetty and we don't test other web
> containers.

Hi,

I always saw the decision between full Java EE and Spring Framework, and
Spring always made the impression to be a solution for all problems and
you have to solve all problems with spring forever. So I didn't want to
open this door.

Some features of the big application servers where comfortable (CDI,
transaction management, container based security) and I watched Adam
Bien and started to shout Hallelujah after his videos ;-)

Despite that I see the problems of a commitment to a single applications
server and would like a small modular solution using Tomcat.

My applications are business applications implementing a workflow based
on CRUD operations with JPA on open source relational databases.

Can you please give me some hints for a minimum stack of doing that with
Tomcat without reinventing the wheel:

 - with or without Spring?
 - What are key libs (Guice, http://jotm.ow2.org/, ...)
 - How do you it implement, what are your suggestions?
 - What is important not to forget?

Dieter

--
Tremel Computer                    http://www.tremel-computer.de