Our current stack for big applications (10-20k concurrent users) is:

 - wicket 6 (we upgrade with every release, across all projects almost
simultaneously, couple of million lines of code, about 3000 pages,
3000 panels, etc)

 - spring for wiring hibernate, cxf and classpath scans, and some DI
 - CDI for conversation support (in one application)
 - Hibernate
 - tomcat

Our future architecture to which we are planning to migrate to entails:
 - wicket
 - JEE7 (JPA, EJB, CDI, JMS, JBatch, JAXRS, JAXWS, etc.)
 - JBoss (wildfly)

Basically we got convinced that we implement everything ourselves in
our current software stack and that we probably could scrap a lot of
code and configuration deploying to an actual JEE server. While spring
can be nice, we never fully adopted it and it is more in our way than
a helpful service.

Martijn