Hi,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Martin Dietze <d...@fh-wedel.de> wrote:

> In my project I am experiencing IE8 crashes at (Ajax-based) file
> upload. This happens with some particular machines my client
> uses, and, no, replacing them is (unfortunately) not an option.

Can you explain what is the issue ?
Maybe Wicket can workaround it ...

> I am therefore exploring alternatives, hoping that e.g. a
> flash- or javascript-based upload might not lead to this problem
> anymore (also, the possibility of uploading more than one file
> at a time yields some added value).
>
> To avoid having to rewrite lots of code, I would ideally like to
> find something that I can just replace my current
> FileUploadField/AjaxButton construction with.
>
> I took a look at Martin's repo and the file-upload example in
> it. Is there any way I can have my application notified by an
> Ajax call after the upload has been finished?

It depends what kind of notification you need.
You can pass the current page id as an extra request parameter when making
the file upload Ajax call.
This way you can use Session.get().getPageManager().getPage(pageId). You
can cast the page or broadcast an event to notify it.

I am not sure whether you will be able to use AjaxRequestTarget though.
Because the Ajax call is made by the JS library, not with Wicket.Ajax.**
APIs. So it will require some JS coding from you to process <ajax-response>
in the library's onSuccess callback.

> Also, are there any other components that I could try? I took a
> look at wicket-uploadify, but that library is based on wicket
> 1.5, and apart from that I haven't found anything.

Is it hard to migrate it to 6.x ?