Hi Diogo,

Please note that wicket-cdi-1.1 is still experimental. I do have high
confidence it will work fine, but it has not been tested extensively. The
API is mostly compatible with the current wicket-cdi module. One of the
changes is that the constructor of the CdiConfiguration no longer takes a
BeanManager. CDI 1.1 has several portable ways of looking up this
BeanManager. A fallback is added (see CdiConfiguration), in case your
environment does not provide any of the portable lookup methods, but
Glassfish should. Also, it is no longer possible to disable injection of
various Wicket classes. Components, behaviors, sessions and the application
are always injected.

A major difference in behavior is the way conversations are propagated. The
current cdi module uses non-portable code (which only works with Weld) to
propagate the conversation. wicket-cdi-1.1 always propagates the
conversation via the url (with the cid query-parameter), which is portable
across all CDI 1.1 providers.

As Martin mentioned, wicket-cdi-1.1 requires a recent version of Weld (if
used with Weld). Weld 2.1.1 (which has not yet been released) has some
fixes regarding warning floods (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WELD-1547).
Until then, you either have to ignore the warnings or lower the logging
level.

To use wicket-cdi-1.1, once wicket 6.13 is released, add the following
dependency:
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
  <artifactId>wicket-cdi-1.1</artifactId>
  <version>0.2</version>
</dependency>

Until then, you can test with 0.2-SNAPSHOT. You can find the details for
the snapshot repository on our download page.

If you find any issues with wicket-cdi-1.1, please file JIRA issues and
assign them to me.

Best regards,
Emond Papegaaij