Hi,

You are right.
But I think we can only improve the javadoc.
You will have to
use
org.apache.wicket.feedback.FeedbackMessages#hasMessage(org.apache.wicket.feedback.IFeedbackMessageFilter)
with a filter that makes exact match.
I have the feeling that we added such filter but I can only
see org.apache.wicket.feedback.ErrorLevelFeedbackMessageFilter that has the
same behavior as #hasMessage(int).

Please file a ticket and we will add it.