I just tried replacing the exception line with:

try {
        throw new RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException((Page)
getLoginPageClass().newInstance());
} catch (IllegalAccessException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
} catch (InstantiationException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
}

And it "works".  Works is in quotes because although the LoginPage renders,
something downstream of it breaks when I try to submit, but when I send in a
Class<Page> it treats it like a string URL.  When I send in an instnatiated
Page, it works.  Anyone know why that might be?