Hi Josh,

We also had that "ComponentNotFoundException" problem so now and
then.

My experience might be a different than yours but I'll mention it anyway,
you never know!.

From my experience with our clients, when the client has to wait a bit
longer, he/she re-clicks the same ajax link, where that ajax link will repaint
a panel when it's done processing whatever it has to do, causing the
button/link to disappear or entire panel disappear completely. The second
incoming request is then invalid for the current state of the page.

What I've done is override the "updateAjaxAttributes" function in the
AjaxLink/AjaxFallbackLink by the following:
/@Override/
/protected void updateAjaxAttributes(AjaxRequestAttributes attributes) {/
/  super.updateAjaxAttributes(attributes);/
/  attributes.setChannel(new AjaxChannel("blocking",
AjaxChannel.Type.ACTIVE));/
/}/

This makes sure that even though multiple AJAX requests are received,
only the first request is being processed, any following request is dropped.

Since I've applied this, I've seen no more "ComponentNotFoundException".
Atleast not due to double-clicks/impatient clicks.

Rest of the wicketeers: is this bad practice? It's working very well for me
atm.

Cheers,
Marco