I think I'll take a simple approach.

Use a Spring Resource to read a file which contains only the OG Tags and use
EhCache to cache the content.
I'll remove the OG Tags from the Common Template and instead inject it
dynamically then

For product pages the OG tags have to be created per request so override the
header contribution for this part and insert the Product Specific OG Tags.

Like we have Panels in the Body section, why cant we have a concept like
that for the Header?
Anyway

-----
Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!