I remember having the same problem on a project I've done last year.

Here's the code I'm using (I think that it's the "TinyMceAjaxSubmitModifier"
that is important) :

            final TextArea<String> textArea = new
TextArea<String>("property", getModel());
            textArea.add(new TinyMceBehavior(getTinyMCESettings()));
            add(textArea);

            // submit
            add(new IndicatingAjaxButton("submit") {
                /** serialVersionUID. */

                @Override
                protected void onSubmit(final AjaxRequestTarget varTarget,
final Form<?> varForm) {
                      modale.close(varTarget);
                }

                @Override
                protected void onError(final AjaxRequestTarget varTarget,
final Form<?> varForm) {
                    varTarget.add(varForm);
                }
            }.add(new TinyMceAjaxSubmitModifier()));

Regards,
Gabriel.