I have made a few changes to my original explanation:

Here is the edited version:
The problem is if I have tab open on the User page and run a search in the
Modal window for another user, and while this is taking place, I open
another tab and goto another instance of the application and to the user
page, and then perform a search using the same scenerio.. The latest opened
instance of the application will return the search results to the page just
fine; and the first instance of the application and the running search will
close the modal after its done processing, and nothing will happen to the
calling page, or the calling page will reset itself loading the defaulted
information. This only happens when I open a new tab and instance of the
application while a current instance is already running a search in the
modal window of User page. If I open two different sessions of the
application before running any searches, then run a search in each session
everything is fine.