Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
> If the login page is really stateless then it will never throw
> PageExpiredException.
> It seems some component/behavior in the login page is stateful.
>
> Use org.apache.wicket.devutils.stateless.StatelessChecker
> (wicket-devutils)
> or debug org.apache.wicket.Page#isPageStateless() to find why the page is
> stateful

Thanks for the response. I suspected as much but when I put a breakpoint in
isPageStateless(), it always returns true for each call made when I refresh
the login page. Again, with setRecreateMountedPagesAfterExpiry set to false,
pressing the login button always takes me to the timout page set by
setPageExpiredErrorPage.

I don't get it. Initially I thought it was something in our templating
mechanism. Our platform allows an advanced user to design the login screen.
I skipped that and reduced my test to just a StatelessForm on a page. Same
result. The page is a subclass and makes use of <wicket:extend> but the
parent class doesn't do anything but set the page title. I've checked my
authorization strategy and I don't see anything problematic.

No doubt it will be something silly but at the moment I'm perplexed.