Hi Martin,

Thanks for your guidance on how to post a question.

My scenario is like this.

i'm having a webpage where i have a panel inside it and then inside the
panel i have a form where i'm placing a fragment conditionally.

This the code for adding the panel to the page.

This is the code for adding the fragment.

<wicket:panel>
    <form wicket:id="form">
            <wicket:fragment  wicket:id="testFragment">
sample test
            </wicket:fragment>
    </form>
</wicket:panel>

this is how i add the fragment in my corresponding panel.java class.

Fragment testFrag  = new Fragment("MenuPanel","testFragment", this);
              testFrag.add(new Label("shortcode", "11111");
              add(testFrag);

when i do this the following exception is thrown:

org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupNotFoundException: No Markup found for
Fragment 'testFragment' in providing markup container [MenuFirstPanel
[Component id = MenuFirstPanel]]
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.FragmentMarkupSourcingStrategy.getMarkup(FragmentMarkupSourcingStrategy.java:145)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.getMarkup(MarkupContainer.java:451)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.getMarkup(Component.java:743)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.getMarkupTag(Component.java:1389)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.getMarkupIdFromMarkup(Component.java:752)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.getMarkupIdImpl(Component.java:1446)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.getMarkupId(Component.java:1474)

I tried moving the fragment code outside the form element and it works fine
without an issue.  can any one shed some light on this issue. Thanks in
advance.