Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:53 PM, David Beer <david.m.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am in the process of building a user account page, which will have a menu
> on the left, and the related content on the right.
>
> I would like the content on the right to be swapped depending on the
> selection on the left. As in the content on the right might well be
> generated by panels or fragments and then added to the page and the
> previous unrelated removed.
>
> Is it better to have all the code added to the html and then hide certain
> components and then re-enable them on selection and disable them or is it
> better to use a panels and a page hierarchy and to pass information between
> panels and parent page.

In my experience I have preferred the second approach - a mix of pages and
panels.
If you want to replace the right part with Ajax then you need to replace
panels.
If Ajax is not required then you can show a sub page that inherits the base
layout from a main page and has something custom in the right part.