Hi,
1) I have a feedback panel and when i add messages under info(), they do not
show up.  When I add the message via error(), it shows as expected.  Why
might this be?
Hm, IMHO both should work. Are you maybe using AJAX and not adding the FeedbackPanel to the AjaxRequestTarget when using info() ? In this case you should see a warning in your log output (something along the lines of "component-targeted feedback message was not rendered").

2) I am using the @SpringBean annotation, works fine.  But I want to inject
a string property value that came from the properties file my spring reads.
How would I get that?  I tried ${myProp} in the @SpringBean, but that
doesn't work...and I kinda thought it would be a longshot.
There are probably more elegant solutions but I would go with an ugly & simple one here and use an intermediate bean to hold just the value (and then use PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer+property expression to inject the value into this intermediary). You could ofc roll your own bean Injector but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Cheers,
Tobias