Hi, just my 2 cents. When I usually encounter this, is because of user
clicking on an "old" link. For example say we have a "change-profile"
AjaxLink taking the user to profile panel. But until the server responds
with the new Profile panel, it's possible for the user to click another link
"products" in the "old" panel. Since the page state is different on the
server and there is no "change-profile" link in the new ProfilePanel it's
rightly stating it's not finding the component.

We usually show progress and and disable the other controls with a layer on
top of the controls that prevents the user from clicking other buttons until
response from the previous request arrived.
Just check doubleclicking on different links or buttons, or simulate an
impatient user clicking away madly after he clicked on the submit button and
the response is yet to have arrived.