Browsers don't send the # or anything after it to the server, so you can't
get access to that on the server. You can test this by watching in Firebug
or dev tools in your browser and submitting a request to
http://www.example.com/test/something/#afterhash or anything else. Only the
http://www.example.com/test/something/ part gets sent to the server. Most
JS frameworks use the # and what's after it for client-side state.