This is due to a massive mail server hardware failure at Apache. This
took out all mail delivery for over a week for all Apache projects and
committees. All mail was queued and they are still spooling all mail
through to the mailing lists.

Unfortunately many mail services (gmail, yahoo, etc) delay message
delivery because of the enormous amount of messages that get sent
currently from the ASF mailing lists, triggering spam prevention
measures.

Read more about the outage here:
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/mail_outage

Martijn