Hi Peter,

in Wicket 7.x the default event handling is no longer prevented by default.
Thus the browser submits the form ("submit" is the default type) *after* the Ajax request has been processed.

I agree that AjaxLink should not submit in any case: We might decide to alter the tag to always have type=button.

Please open a Jira issue.

Thanks
Sven