On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Daniel Stoch <daniel.st...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Daniel Stoch <daniel.st...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a link (or ajax link) which executes some system command. This
> >> system gives me an information if this command is enabled or not, so I
> >> can mark my link as enabled or disabled (by calling
> >> setEnabled(command.isEnabled()) or overriding link.isEnabled()
> >> method).
> >>
> >> 1. Page is being rendered, command is enabled so link is rendered as
> >> enabled.
> >> 2. In the meantime system state is changed so command became disabled.
> >> 3. User clicks link on a page rendered in step 1 where link is
> >> rendered as enabled but it is disabled now.
> >>
> >> In Wicket 1.4 nothing happens in such situation and only warning was
> >> logged:
> >> "component not enabled or visible; ignoring call. Component:
> >> [MarkupContainer [Component id = link]]"
> >>
> >> In Wicket 6 in such situation the exception is raised:
> >> "ListenerInvocationNotAllowedException: Behavior rejected interface
> >> invocation."
> >>
> >> How should I handle this correctly to show some information to user,
> >> that this is link is no longer active (but user should stay on the
> >> same page)?
> >> Should I catch ListenerInvocationNotAllowedException inside
> >> IRequestCycleListener.onException()?
> >>

> > Yes. This is the best you can do in this case.
> >

> Thanks for very fast answer :)
> But what should I return as a IRequestHandler in
> IRequestCycleListener.onException()? I can return EmptyRequestHandler
> to silently catch an exception, but if I want show some info to user
> then...?

page.warning(...); // see
PageRequestHandlerTracker#getFirstHandler(cycle).getPage();
AjaxRequestTarget target = requestCycle.find(AjaxRequestTarget.class);
if (target != null) {
  target.addChildren(page, IFeedback.class);
  return target;
} else {
  return new RenderPageRequestHandler(new PageProvider(page));