Hi,

Thanks for replying.

My requirement is to clear the textfield on onfocus (although here I was
trying to set a string in textfield). Unless I add the component to
ajaxtarget, how will it be updated on UI?

Sven Meier wrote
>>How can I get the value of actual model and not default model.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand that.

Sorry for being vague, I wanted to understand why does doing
*"this.getComponent().setDefaultModelObject("ChangedViaDefaultSetModel");"*

change the textfield value but
*String thisValue =

this.getComponent().getDefaultModelObjectAsString();
                                thisValue = "ChangedNormally";*

does not? I think after all both means same here. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks