Hi,

One way is to provide beforeSend hook for this specific ajax behavior:
attributes.getAjaxCallListeners().add(new
AjaxCallListener().onBeforeSend("YOUR CODE HERE")).

Another way is to set a custom query parameter that will help you recognize
it in the global ajax listener:
1) either override #getCallbackUrl() { return super.getCallbackUrl() +
"&isMyTimer=true"; }
2) or use attributes.getExtraParameters().put("isMyTimer", "true")

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov