On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Patrick Davids <
patrick.dav...@nubologic.com> wrote:

>  > "Is Shiro still alive?"
>
> I hope so... just used it google-guice integrated.

I also hope so. It is a nice product and there are not many alternatives.

The only commit in the last few months was by Les Hazlewood (the creator of
the project) on Shiro 2.0. But for some reason none of the other developers
said something about it and there is no second commit in this branch for 3
months now (https://github.com/apache/shiro/tree/2.0-api-design-changes)

But, by the way... if not alive... any alternatives to shiro?

PicketLink is more JavaEE oriented. It is developed by JBoss (for good or
bad) and uses CDI heavily.
If I need something like this now I'd try https://github.com/leleuj/pac4j
first.