Martin,

I have created

https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/tree/master/bgprocess

My only caveats are

https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/blob/master/bgprocess/src/main/java/com/antilia/panel/TasksListPanel.java#L50

and

https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/blob/master/bgprocess/src/main/java/com/antilia/panel/TasksListPanel.java#L70

I had to re-add Timer behavior: I do not see yet why? It is as if the timer
is not re-rendered: they are not isTemporar :-( I will check when I have
more time.

I would appreciate if you can review the code... before I write anything on
my fork  of Wicket in Action. This probably could be done in a leaner way
mounting a resource to serve JSON for task states and building the UI at
client side... But example illustrates how to do it with "plain Wicket".